It's not a secret that organizations want to get more out of their training programs. It's also no secret that there are plenty of ways to do this. One of the best options, though, is gamification: using game design elements in LMS programs so they're fun and engaging for learners. But if you're not sure why this might be useful or how it could work for your organization, here are seven reasons why gamifying an existing LMS can have a big impact on engagement:
Gamify learning to increase engagement.
Learning can be challenging and sometimes, it's just not enough to keep learners engaged. But gamification is a great way to do this! Here are some of the benefits:
- Gamification encourages users to take risks and try new things that they may not have tried before. This makes them more likely to learn something new, which increases engagement in general.
- It also makes learning fun! Games are fun and interesting, so when you add this element into the mix, learning becomes more enjoyable overall. This means students will want to stick around longer (and spend more time on your site) so they can keep playing games in hopes of getting a high score or beating their friends at whatever game they're playing right now!
Gamify learning to reinforce learning.
You can use gamification to reinforce learning.
This reinforcement can be used to strengthen or even make learning more fun.
Gamify learning to engage participants in the content.
It's not just the learners who benefit from gamification. It can also be used to engage your employees in learning and development.
In addition to the benefits outlined above, gamification has been shown to increase employee satisfaction, productivity and loyalty by providing an engaging way for them to learn new skills.
Gamify learning to make difficult concepts easier to learn and remember.
Here are some of the ways gamification can make learning more fun:
- Gamification can help learners remember concepts longer. The more you use a system, the better you get at it. When it comes to learning, making something an enjoyable experience means that you're likely to keep coming back for more—and not only will this increase your familiarity with a skill or concept, but it also increases your retention of it as well.
- Gamification can help learners learn faster. By breaking down complicated tasks into smaller pieces and providing rewards when certain milestones are reached (such as being able to unlock new levels), gamified systems have been shown to increase motivation and enable users to progress through the learning process faster than those using traditional methods alone or no method at all.*
Gamify learning to get learners engaged with each other.
Gamification is a powerful tool for increasing collaboration between learners. By including game mechanics into your learning platform, you can encourage your students to work together and support each other in their academic pursuits.
This is especially true when the game is designed to promote group learning and collaboration in order to complete the challenges that are presented within the game. For example, if one of your weekly assignments requires students to work together on an assignment with a partner or small group, this could be done through gamification by creating a cooperative challenge that requires both partners’ skillsets as well as any outside resources they may have access too (like access codes or books) in order for them both to succeed at completing their task successfully and receive credit towards their grade.
It's important for organizations to invest in gamification because it can encourage learning, engagement and fun!
- It’s important for organizations to invest in gamification because it can encourage learning, engagement and fun!
- Gamification can be used to make difficult concepts easier to learn and remember.
- Gamification can help learners engage with each other by encouraging them to interact with their peers through the LMS platform.
Learning is all about engagement, and gamification can be a great tool for increasing that engagement. Gamification can also reinforce important concepts, make difficult concepts easier to learn and remember, or even get learners engaged with each other. No matter what your goals are for gamifying your LMS, there are plenty of ways to use this tool to help achieve them!